Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Riga Open Air Ethnographic Museum Festivities

I am NOT used to using my camera for video (yeah I know, it shows) but here are a couple of very short clips of part of a Ligo (Summer solstice) traditional arts and music festival at the Riga Open Air Ethnographic Museum -- caught in the 30 minutes or so between rain storms! I got out there after a few hours of rain and the forecast said the afternoon would be clear (they lied) but after around an hour it started raining again. I didn't get a chance to see the whole museum because the dirt paths became mud paths and it was just too slick and slippery to venture around the hilly exhibits. If I have time I will go out one more day before I leave. It looked pretty similar to the one on Estonia however, although it was nice to catch some of the festivities for summer solstice today (they are doing different things every day this week leading up to the weekend).





Most of the videos I tried to take are not good because people around kept jostling me or walking right in front. There were a couple of large groups of Latvian and German tourists and neither group was very conscious of people taking pictures around them. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.