Friday, June 3, 2011

New hotel, no WiFi...

It's always something isn't it? Switched to a new place in Central London for last 3 days of this leg in London to be closer to British Museum and Library (which I am, 3 blocks for one, 10 blocks for the other)... and it turns out there is no WiFi. I have gotten spoiled the first 10 days of the trip! But fear not, there is a Starbucks...

Sigh...

Those of you who know me in real life may know I am not exactly a Starbucks aficionado although I have been known to use their toilets from time to time. But I had to just suck it up and get a Starbucks card here so I could use the Internet. At least they have iced tea on this rather warm day!

So I am going to continue with some photos from my adventures on buses the other day. I wanted to go around Southall, one of the high concentration East Indian areas here, but by the time I actually got there most of the street shops were closed so I just stayed on the bus and took pix from above.

Southall

southall1

Southall3

Southall4

Earlier that day I had been around Uxbridge (way western London, end of the line for a couple of Underground trains) and walked around...

underground2

oxfam

Oxfam is the leading charity here, helping people all round the world.

ad1

Clouds gather and I catch them on a car's rear window...

clouds

Oh and these guys are EVERYWHERE!

McD

But at least they have free toilets too! LOL Rhonda's tour around Europe and where to find free Potty facilities!

More photos on Flickr and tales from the laundrette still to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.