Monday, July 9, 2012

Refocused and getting back to the blog...

I had to take a little time off from this blog to figure out what I wanted to do with it. I decided to focus on my renewed interest in sewing and quilting here for a couple of reasons:
  1. It gives me one place to log and comment on the sewing, quilting and embroidery projects I am working on.
  2. It gives me a place to add buttons for other blogs and get involved in the quilting/sewing blogger community and have a place to link back to. 

I made pages (the tabs above) for the various projects I am doing so I have a place for all my "to do" and "to finish" lists. And I will post photos here and add other info as it comes to me. Since I am still climbing that steep learning curve for a lot of my projects I will also be linking to a lot of the You Tube videos and other web pages that are helping me (re)learn these arts/crafts. Basically I am using it for ME, to catalog and note things I am doing with current hobbies. As much as I do like Evernote, I think this is a better way to integrate the web, everything around me involving quilting and sewing and my own stuff. Of course, you (out there) are welcome to join me on this creative journey as well!

Which brings me to the change in title... Full Circle. I started out my creative interests in fabric arts, with embroidery, sewing, then into fiber arts like dyeing, spinning, and weaving. Then over time my interests went to the Paper Arts and Mixed Media (bookbinding, paper making, collage, rubber stamping, etc). And while I still occasionally so paper art work, these days I am drawn back into sewing and into my new interest of quilting.  

Thus (I have come) Full Circle. I had made a small quilt way back when (40 years ago or so) but never really got into the whole quilt thing then. Of course that was before rotary cutters, self-healing mats, and all the cool fabrics and tools that are out today! So I consider quilting a new interest since there is so much to learn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.