Friday, May 13, 2011

Starting over... again! Or maybe not...

I wrote the paragraphs below about 2 hours ago and just a few minutes ago when I went to check my blog, what I had written 2 days ago was back. Go figure....
...
I just got this blog started up when Blogger went down for a couple of days and when it came back, everything I had done was gone. So, I am starting over again, after starting over the first time a few days ago after a blogging absence of a couple of years.

What this has taught me:
1. It's not really a big deal.
2. Don't get too attached to anything I write or do here because it can disappear. On the other hand, if what I wrote was really that good, insightful, funny, pithy, or even genius (haha) it will get written again because it's still somewhere in my brain. And if not... see reason #1.
3. Write out stuff in word docs first and save them on my computer before putting them here or on any online destination. If I don't... see reason #1.
4. Be thankful I happened to have the day off today (termite guys out working on the house) and have time to redo this. But if I hadn't, tomorrow is Saturday, could have done it then... see reason #1.
5.  In the long run, it doesn't really matter. Just let it go, get some coffee and start making a blog again. At the most I lost a few hours. Nothing more, so... see reason #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.