Sunday, April 21, 2013

Colors Challenge...

This is what I made from my colors challenge with Leslie -- we picked 5 colors from Renoir's Luncheon of the Boating Party painting and made art journal pages with them. These were the colors:

challenge colors

And this is what I made with them in my 9" x 12" art journal:

challenge colors page

It started out as a gelli printed background, then I painted over the edges and made the face, made the flowers with Posca Pens and collages on a printed quote. Rubber stamps are along the outer rim. The challenge was keeping to just those 5 colors (and white/black)... and it turned out to be a lot of fun working on it today!

Leslie posted her entry on her blog so you can see how different they were!


Linked to:
Monday Mellow Yellows
Colorful Gelli Print Party
Art Journal Every Day
Blue Monday
Creative Every Day
Simon Says (Color challenge)

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Thanks for coming by to see my blog!

      Delete
  2. You took your colors and did very well with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue makes the difference. Thanks for playing Blue Monday.

    Happy Blue Monday, Rhoz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! And thanks for having the linky party!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! Hope your week goes well too! Thanks for visiting again!

      Delete
  5. Interesting... the only thing in common is the color selection. You went orange, I went blue. I like it but your girl looks so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is just because I can't draw people worth $hit...something on my list of things to work on this summer! I tried to draw her along with the shapes in the page and she turned out pretty deformed looking! LOL NOT intentionaly!

      Delete
  6. I love blue and Blue MOnday too! Lovely artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are such difficult colors to work with, but you made them work! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! They were fun colors! Glad to have found your linky, thanks for hosting it!

      Delete
  8. Fabulous use of a Gelli print! So glad you shared this with the party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! You know how much I love my gelli prints! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.