Monday, January 2, 2012

Another new experience and it is only Jan 2!!

I finally bought and cooked KALE and found out that I LOVE it! I had always heard kale was too bitter and the couple of times I had ever had it from anyone else it was awful. But lately there has been so much written about it on the blogs I read (Paleo food ones mostly) that I thought I would give it another chance. And I am so glad I did!!

I find my previous reluctance similar to this blogger's... and probably to many people. But boy oh boy kale is sure good for you!

kale1.jpg

First of all I found Lacinato Kale which everyone had said was better than the other old fashioned kind you find. I guess this one is sometimes also called Italian or Tuscan kale. I don't remember ever having it when I lived in Italy a few summers ago but I may have. Anyway I found it at Raley's and got two bunches to test out.

kale5.jpg

A few leaves I tried baked kale "chips" which are ok but so thin they just crumble and then you end up with really green-spotted teeth so these might not be a school food for me. Just sayin...

kale dinner.jpg

The I choose a recipe from one of my fav Paleo blogs, Nom Nom Paleo, and tried that. It had to be good since it also had bacon and we all know, say it together now: "Everything's better with bacon!"

It turned out yummy! So now I am a kale convert and plan to research other yummy ways of having this new (to me) leafy green. AND it was part of one of my short 2012 resolutions: Eat more leafy greens! Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.