Sunday, August 11, 2013

Zentangles, Zendoodles, and Rhondoodles, oh my!

I know Zentangles are all the rage, as seen HERE. And apparently Zendoodles are similar as seen HERE.

WHATEVER you want to call it, I like this style of doodling and recently decided to try it a little. I thought what a nice thing to have quietly on my table during boring meetings or in a few moments here and there at school... so I decided to make some ATCs and try out some of the designs. Mine are totally rank amateur and not following any one style in particular other, just mixing it up Rhonda style!

Here is the ATC I made yesterday...

Zentangle ATC

Looking at it this close up I can see where my black pen didn't hit the paper... not obvious at all when you look at it real size (2.5" x 3.5").

The most fun of all of this is scouring the Internet for all the fuss (and legal hassles) about calling an age-old doodle idea/form a "Zentangle" or a "Zendoodle" or whatever people are trying to tradedmark and patent now. And people even pay to get "certified" and then tell you what you must call this line or another line or dot and it is all pretty crazy (stupid-crazy) to me! I mean, give me a break!

I think I will just call mine Rhondoodles and do what I want! So there!


Linked to:
Show and Tell Saturday
Creative Every Day
Inspiration Avenue

3 comments:

  1. When I first came across Zentangles or what have you, I discovered a webpage where someone was going off on the "proper" methods of doodling and what it's called and blappity blah and thought it so strange someone was trying to take ownership of something which many people do naturally while bored in meetings, or on the phone! At any rate, I dig your Rhondoodle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from the fact that this is just not my cup of tea (don't know what people get out of it) I love your Rhondoodles ♥ ;o) and I agree with everything you wrote. I don't know why it's so important to some people to dig something out that existed for a long time - or a long time ago for that matter - rename it and make a big fuss about it. You can see this over and over again ... Great reaction of you - LOL Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool ATC. Now try doing some shading with a pencil and watch those Rhondoodles pop off the page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.