Sunday, August 11, 2013

Autumn Leaf ATC

So today I decided to play a little with my copic markers and stamped an oak leaf onto a card, then colored it in with a variety of pens (first photo). Then I scanned it and used my PaintShopPro program -- yes I *know* I have Adobe Elements 11 but the scanner comes up with the old PSP and I forgot to change it so I used it today. First I just did a negative of the scan (second photo). Then I did a colorize to see what sorts of oranges I could come up with (third photo). You know I like my oranges!

What excited me was how varied the colors were in the negative (second photo). The blues all looked blue to me but there was enough difference in their hues to make their negatives show a wider spectrum of colors.

Linked to:
Mandarin Orange Monday
Blue Monday

5 comments:

  1. Hunh. Those are pretty cool. Not sure which of the first two I like best. Something I need to try. So many tings to play with and not near enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful. Very interesting coloring. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great transformations! And you have inspired me to use my scanner - which has been neglected. Thanks for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting color manipulation. I haven't tried that. i kind of like the rainbow colors in the first leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic how you can manipulate this sweet drawing. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.