Sunday, April 29, 2018

Down to the wire...

Remember how I was going to make one garment for me each month in the #MakeNine2018 challenge?

Well I finally made it!

Decided to copy a tshirt I really liked, dolman (as opposed to set-in sleeves), loose fitting. So I had found this jersey at the little fabric shop near me (Hi-Fashion, link in the tab above) and decided to try using it. This was the first jersey I had sewn in a garment for myself (or at least in recent memory) so it was a little bit of a learning curve.


But I got to use both the serger and my regular machine for it (although it wasn't til I was done that I remembered I hadn't put in a stretch needle! Yikes!).

And it turned out pretty well I think for a first try:


All the hems are folded over hems, no neck facing so it was pretty easy. So now I have 2 tops, one a month in my new #MakeNine2018 challenge for myself!

If any of my old sewing pals are reading, feel free to post a photo of what you have been sewing in the comments below!

So here is the #MakeNine2018 tally so far:

1.             Scout Tee -- MADE. March 2018.
2.             Purple fabric Hawaiian top (for the CCC Ukulele group)
3.             Knit tee shirt -- MADE. April 2018.
4.             Sun Dress
5.             Shorts
6.             Long pants lounge wear (for around the house)
7.             Knit Top with ruched sides or sleeves
8.             Vest with separating zipper
9.             Woven fabric Shirt with buttonholes and buttons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.