Monday, April 13, 2015

Rock Strawberries... will it work?

My strawberries are starting to show fruit and I decided this year I wanted to harvest more strawberries than the birds! So I looked online and found a lot of references to rocks painted to look like strawberries then placed around the strawberry patch to fool the birds. I decided to give this a try...

So I found a bunch of rocks...


Brought them last weekend when I went to visit my arty friend Leslie and we painted rocks...



then I put them into my garden...



and now I wait. Will the new little berries stay uneaten?

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! My strawberries haven't started to bloom yet but I am going to give this a try. I hope you'll post your results.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.