Saturday, February 1, 2014

Thinking about a tea cosy...

I cannot believe it is already February!

I was thinking last night that I needed to make a tea cosy. I often make tea in my tea pot and then of course it cools off over time. I remembered last summer having a delightful tea at a cute shop in Tillamook and found I had taken a photo of their tea cosy.

tea in oregon

Not sure this is the kind I want or the sort of quilted kind that goes over the whole teapot. I may have to scour the web later today to find one I like. I am sure I have enough fabric stashed in my closet to make one. (Said with tongue firmly in cheek as I have a whole closet full of fabrics for future quilts and projects!) Now where is my sewing machine...


Linked to:
Pink Saturday

6 comments:

  1. I have a whole bunch of tea cozies - for every holiday and season so it always looks right on my table.
    Most of my favorites I found on ebay. You will love having one, it really DOES keep your tea hotter longer.
    Also make sure you put your pot on a plate or trivit - that helps too. Happy hot sippin, my friend! : - )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower. Hope you like to follow back. I love tea cozys and got none, lol! I think I'm gonna make one myself, as I never saw one on sale around here. I love the one you're showing us.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing! What is the pont of making a pot of tea if it is going to get cold! However, I am not sure I have a tea pot any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never owned a tea pot, always just made it by the cup, but it definitely has some appeal. Altho I can foresee an urge to collect them, which is the last thing I need to do. But by all means make a tea cozy so we can all enjoy it. You could make a crazy quilted one. (I'll help)

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are so many gorgeous tea cosies around that it almost makes me wish I drank tea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.