Sunday, February 2, 2014

Last of the Season...

Satsuma Mandarins. My favorite fruit! I discovered them when I lived in Japan 30 years ago and have loved them ever since! They are an easy-to-peel seedless variety of mandarin orange. I am fortunate in that they are grown in my area for us to enjoy in the States.

satsumas

They have such a short growing season. Around here it is usually late November until late January. Andy found these tiny ones at the Farmer's Market this morning but they are definitely the last of the season. In high season they are usually twice as big! Still yummy but it just reminds me that some things are seasonal so enjoy them when I can.

HERE is more info about them!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love Satsumas! I haven't found them up here this year. The ones you got in Portland are the first I've has in two years :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.