Monday, January 20, 2014

For a new beginning...

I love this poem. I first heard it at the New Year's Yoga workshop I took and then oddly, the author, John O'Donohue's name has been popping up all over things I read on the Internet. I was in the mood to work on a page in my art journal today and decided to add this poem.


awaken


The page started out just as a gelli printed page in my journal. I was in the mood to work in purple and ochre last night and this was the page I opened to. I added the ochre glaze (part gel medium, part acryllic paint) over the stark white printed words and then noticed a little scene was presenting itself at the bottom of the page. I took it to be small mountains with trees and cattails around a little lake so colored it in that way with Stabilo pencils and black pen. These are some of my current favorite colors.

1 comment:

  1. It's like when you buy a certain model car, you suddenly see them all over the place. Nice page. I need to try glazes. I like the LaPorte quote.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.