Monday, August 1, 2011

Finally attacked the fridge!

Confession: I hate to clean out our fridge!

It was a real mess when I came home from my trip and since we had decided to clean up our food plan, it really needed an overhaul so we would have more room for more "real food" as opposed to the dozens of bottles and jars of sauces and condiments taking up most of the space.

fridge

It is a pretty small fridge but should be large enough for 2 people eating well. After I cleaned it all and organized the veggie bins, I also organized our meats, the larger box for shared meats we have cooked and can use. The other smaller bin is for sausages and some of the things Andy likes that I am not a fan of. It is just easier for me if everything has a place and can stay in it so at a glance we can open the fridge and actually SEE what we have or need.

I find I like it a little on the emptier looking side so things don't get lost when they are pushed to the back and forgotten. I hate wasting food and having to throw so much out each time I clean the fridge just has to stop. I am hoping this reorganization will work for both of us this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.