Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Working on a small art quilt...

I have been seeing a lot of "journal art quilts" online -- smallish art quilts that see to range from as small as 5" x 5" to around 9" x 12". I like working in a smaller size so I decided to work on a few designs that have been percolating in my head.

This one uses an old time photo of me and Andy (from around 15 years ago?) that I printed out on muslin. Here is my first putting together of fabrics and ideas:

old tyme art square unfused

And here I have added to it and changed a few things. It is still no where near done and everything is still loose -- I just like having it out on my work table and in a photo so I can see it and make changes as they come to me. Different camera so colors are a little different... this bottom one is closer to the real colors.

old tyme art square 2 unfused

It still needs something... not sure when it will get finished but when it is I will know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post! I really appreciate that you took the time to take a look!
It also gives me a chance to get to know your blog and find new art friends!
Please feel free to join my blog with Google+ as well.